Candylab, a recognized international toy design studio is looking to expand its team by adding a Junior Art Director to their Tribeca Studio.
The Junior Art Director at Candylab is responsible for the conception and design of all aspects of product design and graphics for all Candylab projects. The Art Director works closely with the Founder, Marketing team, and Project Managers. Candylab is a young start-up, but we've left a large footprint already in the design toy world. We are all hard-working, savvy, entrepreneurial, wear many hats and are clearly in love with what we do.
What’s Required for Consideration:
- Create visual solutions for print and digital work: packaging, product artwork, email campaigns, social media.
- Understand, embody and deploy the Candylab brand values.
- Work cross-functionally with creative, product management, and sales teams
- Contribute to, attend and art direct photo shoots with the ability to create brand-right, focused, compelling imagery for online use.
- Present your work weekly to internal stakeholders
- An understanding of practical aspects of working in print, paper and digital is required. Familiarity with Shopify platform is a plus.
- An elevated, modern, bold yet minimalist design aesthetic
- A history designing digital and print touchpoints for consumer products, retail brands, or branding firms with clients in the consumer products space
- 3 years of professional graphic design experience
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design from an accredited four-year college
- A thorough understanding of digital design-related processes including e-commerce best practices, branding for the web, photography, and retouching
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We offer a competitive package, and a fun and flexible work environment complete with benefits. You'll have the satisfaction of seeing your work leap from screen to shelf in short time.
Start drafting an email to Toymaker, explaining why you'd be the one. Add your resume, work samples and please add "Open Position" to subject line.